Author: Steven Horne
Blood carries nutrients, water, oxygen, and waste products to and from the body’s cells. It is pumped by the heart through thousands of miles of blood vessels. A young person has about four quarts of blood in his or her body, whereas an adult has about five quarts. Much more than a red liquid, blood is made up of liquids, solids, and small amounts of oxygen and carbon dioxide.
Red blood cells are responsible for carrying oxygen and carbon dioxide. Red blood cells pick up oxygen in the lungs and transport it to all the cells in the body. After delivering the oxygen to the cells, it gathers up the carbon dioxide (a waste gas produced as our cells work) and transports it back to the lungs where it is removed from the body through exhaling (breathing out). There are about 5,000,000 red blood cells in one drop of blood.
White blood cells help the body fight off germs. As germs enter the body, white blood cells attack and destroy them. When you develop an infection, your body will produce more white blood cells to help fight it.
Platelets are blood cells that help stop bleeding. When we cut ourselves and blood leaks out, platelets in our blood come to the site and plug the opening. As the platelets stick to the opening, they attract more platelets, fibers and other blood cells to help seal the broken blood vessel. When the platelets have finished their job, the wound stops bleeding.
Plasma makes up about half of the body’s blood. There are billions of living blood cells floating in plasma. Plasma carries the blood cells and other components throughout the body. Plasma is 95% water and the other 5% is made up of dissolved substances including salts.
Red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets are all made by the bone marrow, whereas plasma is made in the liver. Blood building remedies can be helpful for anemia, monthly blood loss through menstruation or just a lack of good quality blood or blood volume. Here is a list of direct aids that help nourish and support the blood.
Nature’s Sunshine Products Blood Products
Herbal Formulas: Herbal Trace Minerals (Three), I-X, Trigger Immune®, Blood Stimulator, Chinese, Liver Balance, Chinese, Menstrual-Reg
Herbs: Blessed Thistle, Burdock, Chickweed, Dong Quai, Yellow Dock, Alfalfa, White Oak Bark
Nutrients: Iron, Zinc, Vitamin C, Folic Acid Plus, Chlorophyll, Vitamin B-12, Vitamin E
Nutritional Supplements: Vitamin B-Complex, Balanced
Nutraceuticals: Nattozimes Plus, Vari-Gone, Vari-Gone® Cream
“Just because you aren’t sick doesn’t mean you are healthy.”